Hello and thank you for visiting…hopefully the visit will continue beyond this page. I am pleased to announce my availability to participate in virtual Out of the Basement book clubs. If you’ve ever read a book and wished to have the opportunity to discuss it with the author, then this opportunity is for you! The steps to make this happen are laid out below.
- Form a book club of 3-4 friends who have read or plan to read Out of the Basement.
- Read and enjoy the book! If you need to order a copy click here.
- Pick one person to contact James Rourke (firstname.lastname@example.org) We will set up an online meeting via Zoom that will allow your book club to discuss the book with the author.
- If you are interested in book club discussion questions visit the Out of the Basement page on BookClubz.com.
- Consider these six important themes as part of your Out of the Basement book club experience.
a. The transformative inspiration of art and music
b. The incredible power of true friendship
c. The only way out is through
d. The necessity of the open heart and mind
e. The hidden value of the past
f. Healing can be ugly…and that’s fine
For an extended discussion of these themes visit the Educators and Book Clubs page by clicking here.
I look forward to discussing Out of the Basement with you and enhancing your reading experience.